Investing is intricate, but not rocket science — Simpson Capital, a Laguna Niguel investment advisor, offers long-term returns with a focus on your return and risk-management goals.
Welcome to the official site of Simpson Capital Management (SCM). We have provided investment advice to clients across the United States since 1999. SCM is a privately owned, independent registered investment advisor.
Provide a fruitful, ‘user friendly’ investment experience to all clients.
- Develop a customized — goal-based strategy
- Spell out your strategy’s elements
- Execute your strategy with traditional stock and bond portfolios
What We Do
We offer fee-only advisory service for all types of investors.
Our service is like hiring a personal guide for your journey through unfamiliar terrain. Give us your destination and we walk forward with a roadmap for seizing opportunities and avoiding threats to your wealth. Instead of making all the financial decisions yourself, we work together to
- Design a portfolio — based on your goals in terms of risk and return factors
- Select your positions — allocated in line your investment guidelines profile by balancing the risky asset group with less-risky group
- Place trades in your third-party account — held at a major investment institution
- Monitor underlying assumptions — support the strategic reasons for holding your positions
- Watch for personal or business life-events — may alter your long-term return and risk goals stated in your investment guidelines
In other words, tell us where you want to go and leave the driving to us. See our Features section to find out how SCM adds value to your pursuit of happiness.
Reasoning Behind – What We Do
SCM balances the art and science of investing in its approach.
While the art part relies on creativity and judgment, SCM idea-generating core is more ordered than the fine arts model. Successful investing results from careful, science-based analysis and hard work — there is no simple solution.
The integrity of your service is enhanced by the firm’s background. We have accumulated many years of wisdom as a student and teacher in academics and decades of hands-on experience in private banks and an independent investment firm.
We provide quality, fee-only service observing the highest fiduciary standards. SCM makes sure your interests are placed before our own. Our fee arrangement is a perfect alignment of goals — we succeed when you succeed.
SCM, strongly feels markets and humans are not perfect (more). Markets tend to overreact in the short-term creating opportunities for a contrarian view. However, in the long-term, the markets get it right as fundamentals win out favoring growth stocks bought at a reasonable price.
What’s Likely to Happen on Wall Street
We put together an investment outlook for the future to make decisions in the present. Our outlook is built through direct observation, research and forecast surveys. This forward-looking picture is presented in our online and print blogs and reports.
- Market Journal– Current news, data and opinion about what’s going on in our sandbox
- Fiduciary Forum– Discussion of legal and regulatory issues in our industry
- Wealth Planning News– Key issues affecting protecting what you have
- Forecast Survey– Seeks to determine pro economic forecasters consensus
- Market Sector– Explores an area where few competitors spend much attention
- Top Stock Picks– Free samples on request
An investment is the acquisition of an asset such as a stock or bond where the reasons for parting with your money are more compelling than the alternatives. The sections below help simplify basic concepts used in investing. They are adapted from courses taught at UCLA by SCM’s principal, David Simpson, CFA.
- Basic Concepts– Primer covering what you probably know in a way to make sense of it
- Advanced Topics– A detailed look at how we make our secret sauce
- Portfolio Theory– An essay describing our key concept
- Planning Guide– Simple concepts to help planning
Looking for a Laguna Niguel Investment Advisor? Call Us Today!
Contact us with questions, call (949) 495-7922 or email email@example.com.